Saturday, November 21, 2015

Saturday Morning Western Pulp: Ace-High Western Stories, November 1946


An old codger with a bullet hole in his hat and his hands full of dynamite . . . he told those darn kids to stay off his lawn and away from his gold mine! I like this cover, probably because a lot of the time I feel about like this guy looks. But inside this issue of ACE-HIGH WESTERN STORIES are yarns by Ed Earl Repp, Barry Cord, Ray Gaulden, and some lesser-known names and house-names, so I'm sure if I sat down and read it, my mood would improve.

2 comments:

Stephen Mertz said...

Terrific cover. They sure came up with some great-sounding titles in those days!

Walker Martin said...

I'm convinced that Popular Publications had a special department in charge of writing the blurbs and story titles. "The crime in my coffee", "A shot and a bier", etc. Puns galore...